Information Collection and Use
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, location, etc.)
- User-Generated Content, where applicable. We offer you the ability to post content that other users can read (i.e. posts or comments). Anyone can read, collect and use any personal information that accompanies your posts. We do not have to publish any of your content. If the law requires us to take it down, remove or edit your personal information, we will comply to the required extent.
- Billing, where applicable. To process payments or donations, we may collect and use your payment information. This can include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address, your credit or debit card information and any other relevant information.
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Special Offers: When you sign up for these, you give us your name, email and any other required information.
- Surveys, Research, Panels, and Experience Programs: We may gather information through questionnaires, surveys and feedback programs. We may also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
- During Contact with Us: We collect information from you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service through one of our phone numbers or email.
- Tracking Technologies in Your Browser and Mobile Apps: We track and store data about how you visit and use our Services, particularly through our websites and apps. The items we log include: your IP address, your location, your operating system, your browser, your browser language, the URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, other usage information.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process it when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with access to our Service.
- If applicable, process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data on the servers of our hosting providers, which ensure that your information is secure.
We store your personal information for as long as needed, or permitted, based on the reason why we obtained it (consistent with applicable law). This means we might retain your personal information even after you close your account with us.
When deciding how long to keep your information, we consider:
- How long we’ve had a relationship with you or provided our Service to you.
- Whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g., any laws that require us to keep transaction records for a certain period of time before we can delete them).
- Whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g., in connection with any statutes of limitation).
Rather than delete your data, we might de-identify it by removing identifying details.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are There Guidelines for Children?
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not directed at children under 13 (thirteen) years of age in the USA and UK, and under 16 (sixteen) years of age anywhere else.
We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or COPPA) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us immediately at email@example.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
In California, we do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 (sixteen) years old. If you are a California resident under 18 (eighteen) years old and you are registered with our Service, you can ask us to remove content or information you’ve posted to our Service. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want to be removed.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies where applicable.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of Our Company.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please notify us by sending an email with this request to email@example.com.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
Compliance with Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.